When you get stuck along Beach Road, better take the Middle Road. This is a website for those who choose to tread Saipan's off the beaten path. * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * +

Jun 4, 2008

Poll: It's Kilili...

The Saipan Middle Road poll ended with 187 votes making Gregorio "Kilili" Sablan win by 54 percent. Current Washington Rep. Pete A. Tenorio garnered 28 percent of the votes. Others took less than that. Both had a close fight in this poll's early run.

Since Kilili won our poll, here's his prize--a post of his public letter stating his reasons for running as a delegate up there:

Greetings friends and family,

I am certain that you have either read in the papers or heard from our friends and family that I am seeking election to the office of Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives.

I will formally launch my campaign for the position when I file my nominating petition. I will then also make public my position papers - my platform - and my reasons for running for the office.

For now, let me just say that I choose this effort because I feel that there is a great and urgent need to get our Commonwealth back onto the path that we as a people chose over 30 years ago when we approved the Covenant in a plebiscite by over 78 percent.

The Covenant sets forth our vision, hopes and aspirations as a people, and as a Commonwealth. It contains the promises made by the Federal government for our people - and by our people for ourselves: the promise of economic self sufficiency, the promise of self government and the promise of a Commonwealth people living with prospects.

I do not see these promises being fulfilled here and now. Do you?

We have missed important opportunities to promote and advance the promises envisioned in the Covenant. We and the federal government are at a crossroad.

We can correct these missteps or we can continue to flounder. I feel that this is the place and this is the time to redouble our efforts and to correct our course, to achieve what was promised to us in the Covenant. It won’t be easy and it requires close cooperation but I truly feel that the place is here, and the time is now, and for that reason I offer to dedicate myself to this effort.

Together, we can work to achieving our hopes, visions and aspirations for a Commonwealth that is second to none. I hope you will join me in our effort to attain the lofty goals of self-governance, of self sufficiency, and of a people living the American dream.

My name is Gregorio Camacho Sablan (Kilili) and I am running for the office of Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Very truly yours,

Kilili

18 comments:

glend558 said...

So he wants to go back to the 'good ole days' how quaint. However the issues of importence aren't mentioned. They are...
1- Does he support federalization, agree to work with the federal government?
2- Support the mandated Federal mininum wages?
3- Does he reject the govenors stubborn position and negative attitudes?
All these questions must be answered YES!
What are his positions here?
If he can answer yes to all above, he is acceptable, but let me warn you about election rhetoric and promises, we've all heard their bullshit before.

Anonymous said...

I think the Covenant is the roadmap in the relationship between the Marianas and the US. The letter appears to be forward looking.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is right. I don't know anything about Kilili's position on particular issues, but based on this letter, he seems to be approaching them from the right perspective. He is looking at the big picture, and if you can keep the big picture clearly in mind, the details will fall into place pretty easily.

Anonymous said...

Instead of a poll with three real candidates and four speculative candidates who decided not to run, how about another poll with the seven actual, declared candidates?

Anonymous said...

What is the next photo-op NVD hat?

Lil' Hammerhead said...

He garnered the same big lead in my poll. Greg is an upstanding man and a straight talker.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
On Saipan said...

No "F" word pls. But here was the message:

Glen has no clue said...

Glen why does your answer have to be his answer?

If you are you goddamned smart why don't YOU run for deligate? Please have a heaping cup of SHUT THE &*^% UP!!!YOU *&^&$!!

6/05/2008 10:16 AM

Lil' Hammerhead said...

Glen's questions are absolutely reasonable. I hope the person whose comment was deleted is asking those same questions. If not, they're not performing their due diligence as a voter.

Anonymous said...

toot soon but towards election time lets see if your candidate will hold up when all the skeletons come out.

Anonymous said...

everyone has a skeleton, not everyone has a spine

Anonymous said...

http://www.opacnmi.com/reports/ar-97-05.pdf

Anonymous said...

Glen questions are fine. But he is still an Farkin idiot.

Anonymous said...

"Everyone has a skeleton, not everyone has a spine."

That's really good.

Anonymous said...

NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW NO MORE PEW

Anonymous said...

Does he support PEW? Does he support big mac's or biggy sizing it? Does he support poki or sashimi? those questions are definitely top on my list.

The Daily Yapper said...

If you don't support PEW then you're supporting the terrorists.









;)

Anonymous said...

"Greg is an upstanding man and a straight talker."

What a FUNNY lie, especially the "upstanding" part. Boy! I can't wait for the campaigning to begin... You'd be begging me to stop once I start exposing the REAL truth. Mark my words... I haven't even started yet.

Translate: saipanmiddleroad.blogspot.com

 

About this site

This site is the Saipan Middle Roaders' blog--the wannabes, the frustrated ones, and the repressed ones...

There are several thoughts that have been written on paper, online or on the walls of every NMI building's bathrooms.

This site is for the geeks, for the shameless bitches, and for the restless drunks.

This site is for everyone.

Disclaimer:

Posts on this weblog are entirely the authors' opinions and views only.